If you are unlucky enough not to be able to find a local U3A you might consider starting one yourself.
The first thing to do is contact us to discuss what is involved.
The important thing to be aware of at this stage is that you will get an enormous amount of assistance and there will be someone on the end of a telephone whenever you need advice.
Help from the National Organisation will include the following :-
- A series of booklets on topics such as dealing with the media, starting a new U3A, Objects and Principles, Committee Procedure etc
- A full range of publicity materials including posters, leaflets, bookmarks.
- Putting you in touch with relevant people locally who will be able to assist you.
- A model constitution.
- Free temporary membership of the Trust for 3 months which provides you with liability insurance cover.
- A small Start-up grant
- The services as required of our Development Officers who will be happy to speak at one of your general meetings.